Keep Nassau Beautiful, Inc.
Keep Nassau Beautiful is working to make every beach, park, playground and public space a clean and safe area for our community. We invite you to help us make Nassau County a green and beautiful place to live.
· Planting Nassau’s Future
Nassau Humane Society
NHS serves Northeast Florida and beyond from our adoption and rescue facility in Fernandina Beach, Fl. We have a wonderful corps of volunteers who help walk our dogs, help socialize our dogs and cats, and provide many other services at our shelter, dog park and stores.
· Shelter opportunities
· Dog Park volunteering
· Event/ Fundraising
· Volunteer at Second Chance & Closet Stores
Boys and Girls Clubs
BGCN mission is to fund and operate Nassau County’s after-school and summer programs which benefit the community’s youth by providing them with a safe place to improve their academics, be engaged with positive role models, and develop into confident leaders.
· Provide a variety of better and richer experiences for Club members
· Provide more positive adult role models
· Provide help with homework and activities such as athletics, etc.
Certified Domestic Violence Center
(904) 491-6364 ext. 100
Our mission is to provide prevention and intervention services to victims of domestic violence; and to provide education within our community to effect change in behavior and attitudes relating to violence.
· Donation database entry
· Creating & Mailing Letters
· Donation Sorter
· Assist with Special Events
Council on Aging
(904) 261 0701 ext. 109
NCCOA’s programs enable those age 60 and older to live independently at home while also providing opportunities for socialization, and activities geared toward the needs of seniors.
· Teaching programs on financial planning, time management, home organization, etc.
· Teaching classes in knitting, flower arranging, bird watching, cake decorating, etc.
Take Stock In Children
Our mission is to break the cycle of poverty for low-income, academically qualified students by providing opportunities for a post-secondary education. We offer college scholarships to students, provide caring volunteer mentors, and instill hope for a better life.
· Fundraising Activities
· Mentor & Student Program Activities
· Participate in Community Awareness Activities
· Attend Community Meetings
· Clerical & Public Relations
Cats Angels, Inc. SPCA
Cats Angels, Inc. SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) believes that animals, as living creatures, have value beyond economic measurement, and are entitled to legal, moral and ethical consideration and protection.
· Cleaning cages
· Giving medications to sick cats
· Giving our cats love and attention
· Volunteering in retail store
Barnabas provides health services, crisis assistance and food programs that help people get back on their feet. Barnabas believes everyone deserves compassion and respect.
· Food Distribution Assistant
· Crisis Center-Intake Associate
· RECP (Medical Reception Assistant)
· New To You Resale Store Associates
Girl Power 2 Cure
We inspire action because change starts with a simple belief that children losing their ability to walk, speak or use their hands for a lifetime is unacceptable. We educate and raise awareness because children with Rett Syndrome deserve to be heard.
· Spread Awareness
· Host an Event- virtual run, golf for a cure, home parties, etc.
· Volunteer at planned events
The Jacksonville Ladies
Jacksonville National Cemetery
(904) 565- 1859
The Jacksonville Ladies are a very special group of Volunteers dedicated to being a “Silent Witness” for the Service of a Veteran and/or their Spouse. Especially important are those with no family present so they are not laid to rest alone. We also hope to provide some comfort to the family.
· Ensure no Veteran will be buried alone.
· Be present to honor and attend each Veteran’s service at the cemetery as permitted by the family.
· Assist Cemetery Staff as needed.
· Wreaths Across America
Nassau County Sheriff’s Office
The Civilian Volunteer Programs are designed to help supplement and perform an array of different task and duties that help with non-confrontation duties that keep certified deputies available for more serious calls requiring law enforcement expertise as well as clerical duties.
• Citizens On Patrol
• Mounted Posse
• Parking Enforcement
• Traffic Control
• Home/Property Checks
• Elderly In-Home Checks
• Special Events
Special Olympics provides year-round sports training and competition to children and adults 8 years of age and older with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our athletes are also invited to participate in Athlete Leadership and Healthy Athletes programs.
· Class A: Individuals with 1-on-1 unsupervised contact with athletes, such as coaches, chaperones, speech coaches, mentors
· Class B: Individuals who are day-of-event volunteers with no athlete supervisory responsibilities.
Katie Caples Foundation
The Katie Caples Foundation is committed to increasing the number of registered organ donors and eliminating the wait for the more than 125,000 adults and children in need of a lifesaving organ transplant.
· Become an Organ Donor
· Administrative Support
· Event Logistics
· Big Heart Clubs
· Katie Ride
Nassau Habitat for Humanity
Nassau Habitat for Humanity (N.H.F.H.) is a local volunteer organization affiliated with Habitat for Humanity® International, a Christian inspired ministry whose mission is to build decent, affordable housing in the US and around the world.
· Put up Walls
· Install Cabinets
· Put in Flooring
United Way of Northeast Florida
We fight for those who need a voice and for those whose names we don’t even know. At United Way, we fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in Northeast Florida.
· School Supply Drive-Thru
· Financial Education Workshop
· Virtual Volunteers Needed
· Resale Store Volunteer
Jacksonville ZOO and Gardens
904-757-4463 ext. 176
ZooTeen! applications will open in Spring 2021
ZooTeens! is a specialized program for teens between the ages of 13 (if they have completed the 8th grade) and 17 years old. This program has an extensive application process and higher level of commitment than our Special Event Teen program. Entry into this program is based on the teen's application (including essay questions), letter of recommendation, teacher evaluation, and interviews.
· Earn community service hours for school
· Learn about local and worldwide conservation
· Assist with summer camp
· Explore animal and conservation related careers
· Enjoy one overnight after-dark program inside the Zoo
· Go behind the scenes at the Zoo
Sulzbacher serves over 1,500 meals a day and at lunch and dinner we don’t just feed the people who live with us, we welcome anyone in the community who is hungry.
· Help preparing, cooking and serving meals.
Ronald McDonald House Charities
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Jacksonville supports the health and well-being of children by providing lodging, meals, transportation and a community of care to critically ill children and their families who need to be near a hospital for treatment.
· Family Room Volunteers
· Kidzone Learning Center Volunteers
· Front desk volunteers
· House Warmers
· Special Programs
· Meal Makers
Her Song is interrupting the cycle of human trafficking and leading the exploited to freedom. We do this in three ways: Survivor Care, Victim Outreach, and Education.
· Helping with events
· Home decorating
· Mentoring and direct support